Making our camps fun
We are looking to make the camps as fun as possible, but always maintaining correct procedures to ensure welfare and adherence to government guidelines.
- Outside wherever possible -- even if there's some mild inclement weather
- Use of the clubhouse is available if necessary
- Fully-qualified ECB coaches with safeguarding and first aid qualifications
- Coaches chosen for being able to engage with children as well as teach skills
- Combination of skills and games. The morning sessions focus on building up batting, bowling & fielding skills which can then be incorporated into games during the afternoon.
Making our camps safe
All the camps are subject to prevailing government guidelines and may be subject to change at short notice. Our plan is for:
- Juniors stay with the same pod for the whole week -- no moving to be with friends or different standards once they are set up
- Bring packed lunch to eat with your pod.
- Use own equipment wherever possible.